Located at the height of about 7000 feet, Simla Sanitarium and Hospital is one of the oldest Medical institutions run by the Medical Trust of Seventh-Day Adventist having started its operation in 1914. In 1944 Dr. H C Menkel on his return to India established the sanitarium in its present location, Carton House. The building was constructed in 1950 with some addition to the main structure over the years.
Today the Sanitarium operates a 50 bed hospital
Simla Sanitarium and Hospital conducts mobile camps in the remote rural areas in partnership with the Government of Himachal Pradesh. It is a collaborating partner with the Help Age India, National Rural Health Mission and National Health Insurance Scheme.
The hospital aims at providing “Patient Oriented Care” to all, who require medical attention or surgical intervention, regardless of caste, creed, colour, or sex. Any patient, who is totally unable to pay for the services, is provided free care. The levied charges are such that there is a minimal margin of profit. As a result, although the institution is self supporting, it runs on a non profit basis.
SPECIALITY SERVICES OFFERED
Currently available in the Hospital are the following specialties and facilities: